Wednesday, July 9, 2014

He Orders Our Steps

Artwork used by permission from Erin of ArtByErinLeigh

A couple of weeks ago, I met Cathy. She was new to our church. We struck up a conversation on the patio and talked for about 30 minutes. The very next Sunday I was chatting with someone in the lobby, when I saw Cathy slide down the wall onto the floor. I rushed to her side to see what was wrong. She was pale and shaking and sweating. I prayed with her immediately and asked what I could do to help. She said she just needed to get home. After a few minutes we decided that I would drive her home in her car while my husband followed in our car to help me get her into her house. (She also had a badly swollen ankle and could barely walk on it.) Turns out her blood sugar was very low.

As we drove home later, I marveled at how God had orchestrated the whole thing. Had I not met her the week before that and spent a little time getting to know her, I doubt that she would have felt comfortable allowing a stranger drive her car, practically carry her into her home and help her get settled on the sofa.  But God knew. He knew that Cathy was going to need help, so he orchestrated our introduction ahead of time so that I immediately recognized her and she felt comfortable with me.

Has anything like that ever happened to you? Have your found yourself in exactly the right place at the right time in order to help someone?

That's what happened to Queen Esther. God placed her in the right place at the right time to prevent an evil man with an evil plan from succeeding.

This is nothing new. God does it all the time. What we see as a coincidence or providence is really Psalm 37:23 in action.

 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord...
As you go through your day, keep your eyes open for divine appointments. God will bring people in and out of your day for a purpose. You may be there to help them, share the love of Christ with them...or they may be there to help YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Yep! That's what God does - He takes care of us all the time! Aren't you glad He knows EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete