Monday, August 26, 2019

Wake Up Sleeper



I don't know about you, but some mornings I just have to drag myself from the bed. I'm up, but I'm not awake. It's not until I settle into my comfy chair with my Bible and my first cup of coffee that the day truly starts. As I sip and read, sip and pray, sip and praise, I am revived. The light of Christ shines on me and reminds me that I am awake to live another day, serving Him and serving others. I have purpose. There are things that He wants me to accomplish today.


"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
As I drain the last drops of coffee from the cup, I also absorb the Word of God and I'm ready to face the day with anticipation for what God has planned for me, knowing that He will help me to achieve His will



"For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Philippians 2:13
So, how do you start your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment